Export to .csv

• I agree it is rough sometimes. But again I cannot understand why CONVERT will not work? It should convert DATE/TIME column into a string. When you insert the data viewer does it display there correctly?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• Yeah it displays fine on the data viewer, no trailing zeros

Thanks for your help so far by the way.

I might as well consider using the BCP commands via xp_cmdshell, although it is dissapointing to fail on this

• I have just created sample project from scratch. It selects from SQL Server table and it contains columns, which appear with type DT_DBTYPESTAMP. I have created a flat file destination, using the default options and let it detect automatically the types of the columns. I executed it and everything worked fine the first time.

Btw I have also selected for "locale" English (UK) and it worked fine again. I have a question for you. Do you have the latest service pack installed for SQL 2005 ?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• You might have a point there, I have just started as a DBA at this place and although the servers are either service pack 2 or 3, I bet the client tools on each client machine haven't been upgraded.

I will try to run the same package on the server itself which should prove the concept

• SQLSlammer (7/31/2009)

Here you go

Heh... that does it for me. I couldn't help if I wanted to because you edited the post and removed the package.

Good luck! 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Jeff Moden (7/31/2009)

SQLSlammer (7/31/2009)

Here you go

Heh... that does it for me. I couldn't help if I wanted to because you edited the post and removed the package.

Good luck! 😉

that sounds a bit final, I could always post it back again. The reason I deleted it was because I think we're ascertained this isn't a problem with the package itself because it does the same thing via the wizard or if I build the package manually and I didn't want to leave clutter on the forum.

I am going to try the service pack thing on Monday and if that doesn't work then I will happily re-upload the package for you to look at.

• Heh... Don't do it for me... I actually can't help because I use something else instead of SSIS. It was just an observation that even if someone wanted to and could help, they might not be able to because part of the puzzle is now gone.

So far as it not being the problem goes, people can no longer see why. Sure the explanations as to why help, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

It's your thread and you can remove what you want. But, if this were a thread on T-SQL that I was trying to help with and you removed some information, I'd drop the thread like a hot potato because it's contrary to what I believe should happen on a forum thread. Other people read the thread and the removal of information makes it more difficult to follow. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• I think you need to look into destination connection properties and check configuration for row seperator. Somehow I think issue is with row seperation than data conversion.

• Hi again

So I tried this out on the actual server (sp3), still the same

I also tried just selecting just the 1 column (the date field), in order to rule out any row separator issues, still no joy...I get this output

2007-09-13 18:00:20.107000000

2007-09-13 18:00:20.123000000

2007-09-13 18:00:20.123000000

2007-09-13 18:00:20.153000000

2007-09-13 18:00:20.170000000

2007-09-13 18:00:20.187000000

I cant understand why this is happening

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply