Export more than 65k rows in csv

• Hi,

I am trying to export huge data sets to .csv files.

Some of these datasets have 100k rows.

The problem is any .csv with more than 65k rows will not open in excel (the default program

to open .csv). I want to write such a code that write any rows exceeding 65k to

new worksheet in the same .csv file.

can anyone help please?

thanks

• Panks-913490 (12/14/2009)

Hi,

I am trying to export huge data sets to .csv files.

Some of these datasets have 100k rows.

The problem is any .csv with more than 65k rows will not open in excel (the default program

to open .csv). I want to write such a code that write any rows exceeding 65k to

new worksheet in the same .csv file.

can anyone help please?

thanks

The CSV format doesn't include any specification about multiple Excel worksheets. If you want to export data in multiple Excel worksheets, you have to start creating Excel files (xls).

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• To build on what CozyRoc said, the issue is your choice of application in opening a CSV file;

if you use a raw text editor, like EditPlus,Notepad++,UltraEdit32, etc, they all open the file even if it has a million rows.

Excel has a limitation on the number of rows to be displayed.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply