Export from SQL Server to Oracle

• Hi All

I am trying to export data from an SQL Server database to an Oracle database on the same PC. I am using the DTS wizard. Everything seems it is going to work fine until at the last stage I got a series of errors: [ORACLE][ODBC][ORA]00942:table or view does not exist and [ORACLE][ODBC][ORA]001918 user 'xxxx' does not exist. What can I be doing wrong? What should I be doing?

• Have you tried using the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle or the Microsoft ODBC Driver for Oracle instead of the Oracle driver?

Joseph

• Are you prefixing your Oracle target table with the correct owner name? Sounds like DTS thinks 'xxxx' is the Oracle owner/schema target.

• I am now using the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for Oracle as fromnaija ) suggested and it is working just fine. It is taking it's time though. Has been running for about 18 hours. Millions of rows of data is being copied over though.

• Next time you may want to just BCP the data out and use Oracle's version of BCP (I forget what it is called) to bring the data in. Don't know if ODBC is adding any value in your case.

• Oracle's version of BPC is Sqlloader

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply