export data from sql tables to other sql tables

• I have a SSIS package that has 20 data flow tasks.

Each imports a table to another. Can I do with

by providing a source table and a destination table dynamiccally... maybe from a table of table sources and table destinations.

• As this is all happening within the domain of SQL Server, I would be considering other means of achieving the same result if I were you. I'm thinking that all you need to do is execute a chunk of T-SQL ... why use SSIS at all?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I'm doing more than just loading a table.

I was trying to see if I can add a variable to the ole souce and a variable to an ole destination rather than writing 20 of the same thing. I cannot seem to get it to work.

• greengiant (10/6/2009)

I have a SSIS package that has 20 data flow tasks.

Each imports a table to another. Can I do with

by providing a source table and a destination table dynamiccally... maybe from a table of table sources and table destinations.

If you can use third-party components, check the commercial CozyRoc Data Flow Task Plus. It is extension of the standard data flow task and supports dynamic data flows. You can specify a source and destination component to be dynamic and then use external mapping table to connect the source and destination columns.

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

• If you're running 20 loads, wouldn't you want them to run concurrent though (based on the number of cores you have available) to reduce your load time? This is assuming the tables have no dependencies between them.

• Yes. You are correct. They can all run at the same time. I was thinking in terms of maintance. If I have just one source and one destination and the names of the the tables could be dynamin from a variable I pass in, then I would not need to build 20 separate data flows.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply