Execute Package task

• I have declared some variables in PACKAGE1 .

Now in PACKAGE2 i am using Execute Package Task and calling the PACKAGE1 .

Can i access the variables that i have declared in PACKAGE1 , into PACKAGE2 ??

After Executing "Execute Package Task" in Package2 i am using a File System Task , in which i want to call the variable that is declared in PACKAGE1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards, Bhavika

• Bhavika

Yes, you can use a package configuration in the child package. Choose Parent package variable from the Configuration type drop-down, and type in the name of the variable.

John

• Hey John can you please elabroate , i am unable to get the it. And dint get which configuration drop down 🙁

• Right-click anywhere on the design surface in your control flow in BIDS, and choose Package Configurations. Then follow the instructions I gave before.

John

• I am not getting anything as "Parent package variable " i am just getting Package Configuration

• Right click on the control flow. Choose package configurations. Tick the checkbox at "Enable Package Configurations".

Click Add. In the editor, choose Parent Package Variable from the dropdown menu. Type the name of the variable.

There are tons of blogs/articles on the web that describe this. Did you try Google first?

I must add that parent package variables only work from parent to child, not the other way around. It seems from your original question that you want the parent package to use variables from the child package. You could write all values of the child variables to a SQL table and read them out in the parent package.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply