Execute Jobs

• I want to run some Jobs from my application using NT Autenticated Users. I just don't know how to set the correct permissions to this users. When i use the same user that have created the jobs it runs Ok, when i use some other user it works like if the jobs doesn't exists. What permission should i give to them, at this moment they just can read and write in some databases on the server.

Thanks

• You need grant permission to other users who are not the owner of job to access MSDB with database role 'TargetServersRole'.

• Where do i grant this permissions (database role 'TargetServersRole') because i can't find it anywhere!

Thanks

• From EM, goto logins --> choose the user and click property --> database access tab --> check permit on msdb --> database roles for msdb --> move the cursor to the bottom --> TargerServersRole is the last one.

I can't find it in BOL either. Maybe we have to ask Microsoft.

Edited by - Allen_Cui on 10/16/2002 07:08:02 AM

• I got one more problem, your tip works fine but now i need to know when the job stops. If i give the user 'sysadmin' permissions he can get the feedback from job execution (oJob.CurrentRunStatus) and it works OK. But with your tip it just says that the job execution is finished even if it didn't.

thanks

• I don't understand your new question. Can you post script?

Use sp_help_job, you will be able to see the job status.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply