Exception_Access_Violation Error? VB.Net 2003 + SQL Server 2000

• Hi all,

Our production server had a raid failure, which we fixed overnight.

This is where the problem started, at least i think.

Now all of a sudden(after the server was restarted) i am getting following error, when one of the stored procedure gets executed

(I have more then 200 Stored Procedure and they are all working fine)

It does not throw error everytime it gets executed, but randomly it will fail.

"SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 233 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process"

This error also creats a dump file in \MSSQL\Log and logs into SQL Error Log.

I also did DBCC CHECKDB suggested by many people on Internet and everything seems fine, in terms of data corruption.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'XXXX'.

I even tried dropping and recreating the stored procedure, but same result and no luck.

My question is why all of a sudden or server re-start would trigger this errors?

Any ideas or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Mits

• You might also want to execute DBCC NEWALLOC and DBCC CHECKCATALOG as well. Also, have you examined the system and application event logs for additinal errors ? If both of these activities come up with no issues try scripting out and recreating the stored procedure(s) that are causing the issues.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply