Excel Source - Object does not exist error when object does exist

• Hi All,

I have an SSIS task which loads data from several worksheet within an Excel Workbook. Last month it worked fine, and did everything as intended, however, this month it seems to be point blank refusing to work.

When I'm going into the Excel Source Editor, and clicking the Preview button, I get an Error saying "No column information was returned by the SQL Command". "Ok" I though, I'll just test and select the worksheet by using the Table or View Data access mode. I select one of the worksheets from the drop down menu (which includes the new sheet which wasn't in last month's file, so it's definitely looking at the right one), but when I click Preview I get the rror "Opening a rowset for "..." failed. Check that the object exists in the database.".

So, what's going on here? I know that the sheet exists, as we just selected it from the drop down, and I'm not using a SQL Command to select the data, in case it's doing something funny, so the error is obviously wrong.

Can anyone guide me to why SSIS has decided to play a game with me this month and provide a solution?

Thanks.

Thom

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• hi

did you check if a sheet is hidden on your excel file ?

:w00t: !!!GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!! :w00t:

• Mohamed IDTTALBE (7/8/2015)

hi

did you check if a sheet is hidden on your excel file ?

None of them are hidden.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Is the project running in 64-bit mode? For some reason I thought Excel support only worked in 32-bit mode.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Joie Andrew (7/8/2015)

Is the project running in 64-bit mode? For some reason I thought Excel support only worked in 32-bit mode.

32bit. i have a feeling that the error for running in 64bit is somewhat different anyway. Something about support for the JET engine or similar, if I recall.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

• Is the format changed between the 2 executions ?

I mean a xls in order of an xlsx or vice versa... or maybe a csv?

:w00t: !!!GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!!! :w00t:

• Apparently SSIS, and my PC needed a restart. I shutdown at the end of the day last night, and booted up this morning, to find it quite happy to find the file, and agree it existed. Unsure what the problem really was.

Thom~

Larnu.uk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply