Excel destination overwritten

• Hi,

I need to regularly dump the data to excel file .xls from OLEDB data source and when i tried to do it in excel destination,its appending the data to last result set in excel.

How to overwrite the existing file or delete the records before we put the latest execution result set.

Any references will be helpful.

Thanks,

Gangadhara

• I do not think you can delete Excel data using an OLE DB connection but I read you can use the DROP TABLE followed by CREATE TABLE syntax to accomplish a similar result. I have not tried it though.

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• opc.three (6/5/2012)

I do not think you can delete Excel data using an OLE DB connection but I read you can use the DROP TABLE followed by CREATE TABLE syntax to accomplish a similar result. I have not tried it though.

I read that too - must try it one day.

Another solution is to keep a 'template' spreadsheet somewhere (contains headings but no data) and then have an initial File System Task (or Script Task) in your package which copies this over the top of your 'current' spreadsheet before you send any data to it.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Drop table deletes only the column headings not the data.

I didn't find a way to delete the data from Excel. In my work, I copied the excel with a new name dynamically and loading the data into new file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply