exam 70-432

• Hello,

I am down to the wire in preparing to take 70-432. I've been studying for it over 6 months, and I'm still kind of worried that I may not pass it on 1st try.

Can anyone help me with links to free sample questions to 70-432. When you google it, it will find many sites, but a lot of questions are identical or merely worded differently.

Also, anyone know how many question in total, and what is the passing threshold? 80% of total # of questions?

PLEASE advise as it is important for my current job. Thank you

(If I pass on 1st try, I would think this cert can continue to hold values even if the companies start moving to SQL server 2011? My company still has many instances of SQL 2005 now in 2011.)

• geuncho6 (8/5/2011)

Can anyone help me with links to free sample questions to 70-432. When you google it, it will find many sites, but a lot of questions are identical or merely worded differently.

And most of those are brain-dumps, actual questions taken from the real exams (hence a form of cheating). Using them can result in your certifications being revoked and even being blacklisted from ever writing cert exams again.

MeasureUp and Transcend offer sample questions last time I checked. If there was a MS prep book book there's usually a CD with questions on it.

Be careful of the free stuff. They're usually either braindumps or wrong.

Also, anyone know how many question in total, and what is the passing threshold? 80% of total # of questions?

40-50, 700/1000. How the questions are scored is a secret.

p.s. There's no such product as SQL Server 2011. If you mean Denali, no formal name has been given, no release date announced.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (8/5/2011)

Be careful of the free stuff. They're usually either braindumps or wrong.

That holds true for many of the prep kits one can buy as well. It would be best to use the material recommended by MS.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I would say that if you feel comfortable answering questions about any of the topics listed on the MS site, you'll be fine. The questions are not overly tricky, and are in line with what many of the books have in them.

• I passed this 70-432 today with a score of 992 or something close to 1000. I think I got only 1 or 2 questions wrong. I got a at-a-boy from the management at my company.

Now, does Microsoft mail you MCTS credential on a piece of paper certificate? I will need that to request the reimbursement for the cost of the exam from my company.

• Pretty sure you get an email (with a Cert ID)...then you can sign onto the mcp.microsoft.com site and print your certification.

Congrats, nice work! 🙂

• SQLServerCentral published my article on this very subject a couple of days back and it will answer most of your questions:

Guide to MCITP: Database Administration[/url]

Good luck!

Mike.

• Congrats! I have an idea to take up this exam shortly,can you pls provide me the details regarding the study materials to use.Thanks in advance.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/5/2011)

I would say that if you feel comfortable answering questions about any of the topics listed on the MS site, you'll be fine. The questions are not overly tricky, and are in line with what many of the books have in them.

Do you have the link to the questions on the MS site?

• There are no questions on the MS site. There are lists of topics covered.

Steve is saying that you should be able to answer questions on any of the topics that are listed there

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-sql-server.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply