Event Id 50 Ftdisk error

• Often lately we are facing this tedious error and i am not able to find the right solution for this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

We are running SQL server 2000 on dell Power edge 2600 server. It has 4 processor, 4 harddisk on raid 5 each 33 GB, 1.5 GB of RAM. Operating system is windows 2000 advanced server with service pack 4.

We get following error first from SQL server

9/6/2004 2:25:31 PM MSSQLSERVER Error (2) 17055 N/A XXX 17053 :

LogWriter: Operating system error 1450(Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.) encountered.

9/6/2004 2:25:31 PM MSSQLSERVER Error (2) 17052 N/A DCS Error: 9001, Severity: 21, State: 4

The log for database 'Masterfiledb' is not available.

and this is followed by many errors in application log.

And in system log i get this

9/6/2004 2:25:59 PM Ftdisk Warning None 50 N/A xxx {Lost Delayed-Write Data} The system was attempting to transfer file data from buffers to \Device\HarddiskVolume4. The write operation failed, and only some of the data may have been written to the file.

9/6/2004 2:25:59 PM Application Popup Information None 26 N/A xxx Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\HarddiskVolume4\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere. 

This will force me to reboot the server. The error goes away , but again comes up after few days around 20. This means that there is something growing dynamically and reboot clears it off.

I have found one link from microsoft, but iam not able to get much help from this link

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;816004

Any expertise comments or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanksi n advance

Hemal

• ftdisk error with eventid 50 indicates that you are having some kind of issues (network issues) while writing data to disk. You might want to investigate into this.

• Did You manage to solve this issue ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply