event id 322 and 17052

• Hi all

I will like to recreate the above event id for monitoring of sql server but having trouble recreating them. Can anybody help with ways to recreate the event ids above so that It can be used for monitoring purposes from the event viewer. I need to generate the errors in the event viewer for the monitoring tool to pick the events up. Thanks

• I'm not sure that this is the neatest or easiest way of doing it, but it should work:

(1) Using Enterprise Manager, create a job called something like "Event Notification 322"

(2) Add one step that does something trivial, such as select 'Event ID 322 has occurred'

(3) On the Schedules tab, click on New Alert, give it a name and add the Error number

(4) On the Notifications tab, make sure Write to Windows application event log is ticked for all eventualities

(5) Repeat for each event ID you want to monitor

John

• Hi John

I tried the above steps but can't seem to regenerate the event ids e.g. 322 and 103. Any response much appreciated.

• I don't know what you mean when you say you can't regenerate the event IDs.  Are errors 322 and 17052 user-defined?  I can't find them in Books Online.

John

• No they are not user defined. I was trying to see if I can generate the event IDs especially 322. I can generate event id 17052 in the application event log by changing sql server agent account rights and then moving sql server group in cluster administrator but I'm unable to generate event ID 322 and I was wondering if there's a way I can recreate this.

• What is error 322?  If it doesn't exist then you won't be able to generate it...

John

• you can read more about event id 322 from the link below

http://www.mcse.ms/archive82-2005-1-1286847.html

• It sounds as if this event occurs when Windows can't extract all the information from the event generated by an application, in this case MSSQL SERVER.  I'm sorry but I don't know how you recreate this event.  Since it is a Windows event, rather than a SQL Server one, the only thing I can suggest is to post your question on a Windows forum.

Sorry I can't be more help

John

• Thanks for your response so far much appreciated and i thought exactly the same

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply