error while scheduling the ssis package.

• Hi all,

I developed a ssis package and I am able to execute it when I manually open it in BIDS environment.

But when I try to schedule the package as a job, I am getting an error.

I have SQL authenticated connection string in my package and thats not saving the password while the execting the job. but when I use a windows authentication mode the job runs successfully.

Can some one help me in resolving the issue.

• Need to have it store the SQL password, which means you'll need to use one of the save security information options, using a package password and the like.

The other option is to manipulate it via configurations.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Thanks for the reply.

but, Can u explain me in detail on where to set these options.

I am a newbiee to SSIS......

• If you click on the background of the package and go to options, you'll find under 'Security' an item called 'Protection Level'.

This is how you set the SSIS to store sensitive data (IE: Passwords). Pick any of the options there and google it, and you should pull up a number of MSDN and BOL articles on their usage.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Thanks Craig.

I succesfully did that and its working gr8.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply