Error when using Int or String Datatype Variable but Works with Object Datatype

• My scenario is I am assigning a value to a package variable in execute sql task which is in a for each loop container. Set @New=1. The variable type I have defined is Int32. It gives me the following error when I use Int Datatype or string where I change my set statement to @New='1'. In the parameter mapping @New is set to Output.

But the for each loop works fine if I select object datatype Variable. But the problem is I am defining an expression for the prcedence constraint after the for each loop which points to another task if @New=1. But it looks like I cannot use the object variable type in expression editor for precedenc econstraint.

Any sugestions.....Here is the error I got

Error: 0xC001F009 at filecheck: The type of the value being assigned to variable "User::New" differs from the current variable type. Variables may not change type during execution. Variable types are strict, except for variables of type Object.

Error: 0xC002F210 at Execute SQL Task, Execute SQL Task: Executing the query "sp_sample" failed with the following error: "The type of the value being assigned to variable "User::New" differs from the current variable type. Variables may not change type during execution. Variable types are strict, except for variables of type Object.

". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Task failed: Execute SQL Task

• Hi,

I'm pretty sure this is because, even if you set the ResultSet option to single row, your output can potentially still contain multiple colums (values) i.e. if you did a select for example in your sql statement. The best thing to do is put it into a object variable and the "shred" this object variable using a foreach container into another single variable of the int32 type.

There's a whole bunch of articals on variable shredding available on here and on the web generally but if you want some more assitance please just ask 🙂

Thanks

• I am not using any result set here. That option is set to none for my execute sql task. And I am just assigning a value to a variable in my sql statement.

• SSIS.COM (7/6/2010)

I am not using any result set here. That option is set to none for my execute sql task. And I am just assigning a value to a variable in my sql statement.

sorry I misunderstood.

which datatype are you setting in the parameter mapping?

The reason it works with the object type is because it's effectivly a variant type.

Have you tried as a test setting the package variable to string and the parameter mapping datatype as varchar. also ensure that the variable within the sql statement matches this type also

• I have tried that Dave with string in package variable and parameter mapping and as varchar in sql statement.

But I get the same error..I wonder what went wrong..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply