Error Upgrading 2005 Std to Ent

• I executed the following command to upgrade one of our 2005 Standard instances to 2005 Enterprise.

start /wait setup.exe ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER UPGRADE=SQL_Engine SKUUPGRADE=1 /qb

The upgrade was progressing w/o incident until the upgrade of the SQL Server Database Services product was attempted. I received the following error message and cannot find much on the web to assist in troubleshooting. Any help would be much appreciated.

"SQL Server Setup has encountered the following problem: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]The certificate cannot be dropped because one or more entities are either signed or encrypted using it.. To continue, correct the problem, and then run SQL Server Setup again."

• Do you have any encrypted columns?

The Redneck DBA

• Not that I am aware of. There are other instance of SQL Server on this server, though. Posibly in one of them? Or am I only concerned with the instance I am attempting to upgrade?

• After canceling out of the SETUP and going into the server to check for encrypted columns, I saw the version is now 9.0.1399. Should I attempt to install SP2 on this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply