Error running the package on Server after deployment

• Hi,

I'm getting this error when an package is being run on the test server.

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events, Boolean loadNeutral)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.LoadPackage(String fileName, IDTSEvents events)

at ScriptTask_bddeb979b987454481952cf11cee2753.ScriptMain.AttachConfigFile(String packagePath, String configFilePath)

at ScriptTask_bddeb979b987454481952cf11cee2753.ScriptMain.Main()

The package is running fine on the development server and on my development machine. At this point we are looking in to differences between the test and development servers. Both machines are Windows server 2003 64 bit machines.

The package that is being loaded has "Execute SQL Tasks", Script tasks, Data flow tasks. This is the first time we have been deploying on the test server.

If any body has fixed this issue in the past, I would appreciate if you can share your ideas. That will help alot.

Thanks,

• Does the script task do anything with the file system , is the account that SQL server / SQL agent run under also a local windows account or domain account with access to the one of the standard admin groups within Windows.

• I looks like your package is trying to find a config file. But it doesn't exist in the new environment.

• Hi,

I figured out what the issue. I have a master package scheduled as a SQL server job.In the master package, there is a script task to attach the configuration file for all the packages and execute package task is called after the config file path is set.

The error is being thrown when the package is being loaded to attach the config file to it.

I was not able to figure out why the error is being raised. But we did change the approach how the packages are executed. The packages are set up as steps in SQL server agent job. Now the SQL server job runs with out any issues.

Thanks for all your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply