error in starting the sql server

• After a fresh install of sql server developer edition, when i went on to launch the management studio and then open the local sever, i found one error. On investigating further, i found that the SQL server was not running.

So, i went to sql server surface area configuration clicked teh start button to start the sql server service. But, there came an error message:

An error occured while performing this operation

What are the possiblities? Do we have to have a log file checked?

I have attached screen shots.

Thanks..

• You can always check the eventvwr to see what the error was. Please post what you see in the eventvwr

-Roy

• think that you have to start the instance by using configuration manager, seems most likely the server instance is not started, let me know if this works 🙂

• well, i have just checked the configuration and i checked the property of the sql server which is stopped and found that my domain credentials were used for the authentication. please find attached the file.

I changed that to local service then i started it successfully. However, for opening the sql management studio and opening the local server, i used the windows authentication and which worked fine and i was in.

Could you please let me know, what is local service and why did it worked with windows authentication when i opened the management studio?

• It all depends on what right you have and how you set up your account as the SQL Server account. If you use the SQL Configuration tool to set your account as SQL Server account, then it will manage all the rights on the Disks. But still you will need to have the right to Run as Service account.

Check what kind of access level you have on your domain account.

-Roy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply