error in connection

• Hi

i am trying to connect my application with SQL SERVER. but

it gives error as below.

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Please reply me soon.

Best regards,

ASIF

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• So, did you check your settings on the SQL Server to see if it allows remote connections?

-SQLBill

• I don't use SQL Server 2005, but some checking with SQL Server 2000 shows there is an option with sp_configure that sets the remote access (option name is "remote access"). SQL Server 2005 probably sets this option to 'do not allow remote access' (since that is what the error message states). Refer to your BOL for more information about this option and how to set it to 'allow remote access'.

-SQLBill

• Errors connecting to SQL Server Express 2005

Are you getting errors connecting to SQL Server Express 2005 via remote client software and yet have no problem connecting to it on the local machine?

Some of the errors you might be seeing are:

• sql server does not allow remote connections

• SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified

• An error has occured while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005,this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.(provider:Named Pipes Provider,error:40-Could not open connection to SQL Server))

• Server does not exist or access denied

If yes, then see the link below because SQL Server Express 2005 is not automatically configured for remote access during installation. It can be enabled however, so the problems you are having are more of a "feature" than a bug.

http://www.datamasker.com/SSE2005_NetworkCfg.htm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply