Enterprise Manager Problem?

• Hi All -

I have a problem with a user...In EM they register a SQL Server (Win2k and SQL2k are in place), the user registers with windows authentication, we added his Windows ID to the SQL Server he has registered, now the server registers successfully, however when he goes to the database folder he cannot see any of the databases, yes I did grant his id access to the databases, also the guest id is active. He can go into Query Analyzer and see all the databases, that is the strange part, just cant see them in EM....Also, this is only happening on one of our servers, he can succesfully register other Win2k/SQL2k SP3 servers and see the databases...Help, I'm confused!

Thanks!!!

• I would guess you have only the system databases (master, model, tempdb, msdb) also you may have configured to hide the sys databases. So it cant show any of the databases. To check this, go to server registration properties and see the "Show System databases and object" option

Shas3

• Shas3 -

Thanks for the reply, I took a look at what you suggested and the Show System databases and Objects is checked. The user cannot even see the system databases??

• Have you installed SP3 (or SP3a) onto the user's PC to update the client tools? If you haven't, this may help you out.

Jason

• Hi Jason -

Yep, he has SP3 on his PC.

Thanks for the response,

Jim

• I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Client tools (Enterprise Manager) on your users machine.

-SQLBill

• This is another one of those inexplicable and weird error with MMC. Uninstall and Install is the best option ..

Good Luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply