Enterprise Manager Bombs

• Enterprise Manager keeps bombing out, it just goes away.  It happens under different circumstances, but it is most consistent (actually it happens every time) when I do the following:

• All Tasks >> Import Data...
    • Choose a data source >> dBase 5 >> insert a path to .dbf files
    • Next, Next, Next

At this point, EM just goes away.  Just disappears with no error.  At that point it "should" simply pull up a list of .dbf files to choose from out of the specified directory.

My client is running Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Service Pack 4.  This problem started happening after months of no problems, and the client says that he knows of no changes that have occured to the server.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?  I am not quite sure where to begin.

Thank you.

• SP4, as in the beta? Any error in the application event log?

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• "SP4, as in the beta?"........I'm sorry.  That must be the o/s.  When I run select @@version, the following is returned:

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.534 (Intel X86)   Nov 19 2001 13:23:50   Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation  Desktop Engine on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4)

I assume the 8.00.534 is the sql server service pack version?  So what does that translate to?

I'll have them check the application log.

Thanks for the reply.

• 8.00.534 = 2000 SP 2

HOW TO: Identify Your SQL Server Service Pack Version and Edition

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321185

Steve

• Make sure that the servicepack 3a is installed on the server and the client from where you are using the enterprise manager. The SP3a has also improvements on Enterprise Manager.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply