Dynamically changing logo and data source based on config file

• Hi,

I have a scenario where there is a set of reports that needs to be run for multiple clients. On report server, there will be a different folder for each client containing the reports. Each client has a different database , logo and a name.

When a user accesses a report through the application, i will be able to determine which client the user belongs to. Now based on that i need the report to display that particular clients logo and program name. In addition, the report should fetch data from that clients database only.

I want to be able to store all the details in a configuration file in the clients folder. When a report is run, the report should access the details from the config file and change the data source accordingly and also display the logo and program name based on inputs from the config file.

How can i achieve this in SSRS? Or is there a better way of doing this?

• If the Source of an image is External, the value is an URL to the image. You can use an expression like so to change the image based on parameters:

"http://server/path/images/"+ Parameters!clientId+ ".jpg"

• hey,

I don't know there is any way to use configuration file for SSRS Reports. But best way you can store these configuration files to ur database & call these values with seprate dataset values with Client ID.

I think this is the best way you can take care of you requirements.

Let me know if you have any queries

Wish u all the best.

Sandip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply