Dynamic Properties Task Question

• Hi,

I am trying to do the following

1) I am transferring data from one database to another where table names are same.

2) I am developing teh same in a diffrent environment where i need to execute the dts finally.

3) database names of all 4 (Dev environment Source and Destination and Production environment Source and Destination) databases can be diffrent.

4) So i am trying to solve the db names being stored in DTS package using Dynamic Properties Task and an .inf file.

but i am missing some thing and its still inserting data to teh wrong database. is ther any thing i need to do make sure that when the data copying is happening it should take teh values from .inf file ??

--------------------------------

• Your Dynamic Properties task needs to be at the highest order of precedence.  Your first task should be attached from the Dynamic Prop. Task with an On Complete

-Mike Gercevich

• Check the connections on dynamic properties and check whether there are any orphaned connections...

If you are DTS package works in dev and when u move it to other env then it is possible that it uses the orphaned connection in the new env.. (delete the orphaned connections)

-Krishnan

• I've fallen foul of this before when trying to parameterise certain aspects of DTS.  One thing to check is that your transformation task - if you have one - is actually pointing to the correct database.  That's a problem I had, because it didn't automatically update to point to the new database when the underlying connection was changed.  I had to make sure I explicitly set the destination database/table with Dynamic Properties.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply