Dynamic message boby generation in Script Task

• Hi,

Here I need to change the body of the email sent to result sets of the SQL query I am running. Can you please anyone help me? Thanks. By the way, I am using below script in my SSIS.

Public Sub Main()

Dim myHtmlMessage As MailMessage

Dim mySmtpClient As SmtpClient

Dim oCnn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection

Dim oCmd As SqlCommand = New SqlCommand

oCnn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=Server-1;Initial Catalog=db_WORK;Integrated Security=SSPI;"

oCmd.CommandText = "Select Top 100 Field1 From Table1"

oCmd.Connection = oCnn

oCnn.Open()

oCmd.ExecuteReader()

'Dim myHTMLBody As SqlDataReader = oCmd.ExecuteReader()

myHtmlMessage = New MailMessage("Mohan.Mariyappa@mailserver", "Mohan.Mariyappa@mailserver", "SampleSubject", "Body")

mySmtpClient = New SmtpClient("MailServer")

mySmtpClient.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials

mySmtpClient.Send(myHtmlMessage)

'oCnn.Close()

Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Success

End Sub

• i think if you are doing it this way you will need to use the datareader to loop through the recordset and populate a text variable with the rows (using string.concatenate not the & operand).

an alternative might be to use a dataflow task to send the recordset to a flat file and then use a send mail task to send the email with the flat file as an attachment, or even just a link to the file, if the file size is over a certain threshold (you can control this using expressions in the send mail task).

tom

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

• Thanks. Is there any code sample or any article which can help me develop this? Because I am new to .Net programming. Thanks

• this gives a basic example of how to use the datareader, plus has links to its properties

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqldatareader.aspx

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

• Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply