During Configuring of Publisher, get error : cannot copy distmdl.mdf to distributor.mdf

• I can configure on my machine for Replication where I am an administrator. On the Server I am not. What rights are required on a server to go through the configuration process without a hitch? I'm using Sql server 2000, sv pack 4.

Thanks

Matthew Mark

• You need sysadmin privilege to configure replication.

• I wish it was that simple. I have sysadmin rights and it doesn't work.

Ok, so I got the Network guy, who is admin on server, created a login for him in the instance and granted  him sysadmin. Rights.

Even with this, we get that same error. I opened the file they say, and it's simply a script that runs the process I guess.

I set it up on my pc fine. I doesn't work on server with no apparent reason.

• Check the services Logon As.  The MSSQLServer and Agent services may be staring/logging on with insufficient permission.  Also check DCOM permissions.  You have have corruption or incorrect DCOM permissions for the sql services account or components.

[font="Arial"]Clifton G. Collins III[/font]

• sysadmin (sa) is needed to configure replication. But if the replication is across servers, you need to have more privilege to access other server. The first thing before starting is to check if you have authority to build communication channel between two servers.

• If you are setting up replication between the servers, you need to have domain account with admin privilleges on both the servers.

Start the MS SQLServer and SQL ServerAgent service with this account on both the server.

Setup replication it will work fine.

Minaz

"More Green More Oxygen !! Plant a tree today"

• Thanks,

I'll check it out next week.

Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply