Duplicates

• Hi. I want to find address duplicates. ACCOUNT and ADDRESS are columns(all the addresses are formatted perfectly, don't worry about that). Take some fictitious table name(table_name). Now i want to find different ACCOUNT's living in the same ADDRESS. Please help me with the logic, with speed performance.

• Read up on GROUP BY and HAVING!

But the answer is something similar to...

SELECT account

FROM yourTable

GROUP BY address

HAVING count(*) > 1

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • varunkum (1/19/2011)

Hi. I want to find address duplicates. ACCOUNT and ADDRESS are columns(all the addresses are formatted perfectly, don't worry about that). Take some fictitious table name(table_name). Now i want to find different ACCOUNT's living in the same ADDRESS. Please help me with the logic, with speed performance.

Give this a try

SELECT

T1.Account

,T1.Address

FROM

Table AS T1

JOIN

(

SELECT

Address

FROM

Table

GROUP BY

Address

HAVING

SUM(1) > 1

AND MAX(Account) <> MIN(Account) ) AS DQ1

ON

T1.Address = DQ1.Address

Scott
    I am a Senior Data Analyst/DBA
    I work with MS SQL, Oracle & several ETL Tools

@thewolf66[/url]

• CELKO (1/19/2011)

De-duping address data is best done with mailing list software. Get a package. Look up the CASS Standards from USPS.and the 9-1-1 Standards for addresses.

I'll second this advice. There are even companies online that can do this service for you - I deal with one of them. Ask if you want more information.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply