DTS Transform Data Task

• Hi,

I have a DTS package. Here i need to transfer the data from a query result into a text file. I am doing this package for general purpose. I mean to say that, my source(query) will be changing dynamically at run time. Occordingly my destination (text file) will also get change.

My problem is, when i am designing the package, the source (query result) is giving 5 columns as result occording to that my destination is getting 5 columns (automatically) as out put in the text file.

When i am changing the source(query) at the run time using dynamic properties, an error occured. At run time my query contains different tables and the result of the query is 3 columns. Since my destination didn't get change.

Is there any possibilities to sync (reset the transofrmation) the destination with source result. I am not able to sync that.

Please give me your great suggestions on it.

Kindest Regards,

Saravanan V
    geocities.com

• DTS is not a dynamic tool in terms of mapping source and destination columns.

In you case, I suggest you use osql to output directly to a text file using dynamic sql.

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply