DTS package from a VB6.exe

• Hi All,

Is there a way of calling a DTS package from a VB6.exe without having SQL server installed locally ??

i have called the DTS package using the 'LoadFromSQLServer' method which works fine on the development machine(which has SQL installed) but when running in the production enviroment it does not work.

Ian

• AFAIK possible YES, practical NO.  You will need to research BOL, microsoft site (probably even here) for the list of specific dll's, ini's, possible registry entries to make this possible.

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• I came across this page a while back but never got around to trying it out. Might help you out and I would be interested to know if you can get it working.

http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?225

------------------------------
    The Users are always right - when I'm not wrong!

• The link above is good.  I used it to get things working, just use regasm.exe to register the dll's on the production box.  That should get it working.

Kindest Regards,

Paul Krasucki, MCAD

• Thanks guys i have got it working now using Jonathans method.. i did have another problem this was in my DTS package i had a TRUNCATE TABLE statement and the user i was trying to use in the production area did not have enough security to perform this.. all sorted now.

Ian Paskin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply