DTS - Issue, Very Strange

• I'm importing data by DTS &the source files are text files, I'm experiencing very strange issue -

I have imported 5 data files into the database successfully & (each file has 20,000 records). I was importing the sixth data file(txt) which has also 20000 records, but I got the folllowing error message after I completed the DTS,

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

And I found out from Microsoft site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889170 that this error 'Not enough storage is available to complete this operation', is a BUG in MS SQL Server & MSFT confirmed it.

But my concern is why din't I get the error while importing the five fles?  I see no difference in any files just data, all are (txt) files. I  got this error while importing the sixth (txt) file and this file has 237 columns.  I tried this file importing into a local server(personal edition) and it was successfully loaded, but it fails when I try to load into enterprise edition(server).

Any Suggestions would be Appreciated!

Thank you!

• I think database file size is over. Please go to database properties then click the data files and see the file Properties Miximum file size, Please click the unrestricted file Growth. then inport six file.

Thanks

Ajay 

• What kind of recovery modell do you use? If full (as set in options) the

transaction log will grow and can be huge. Choose simple and then shrink the database from time to time. That will save disk space.

• I got this error a couple of days ago on my daily data warehouse load. I just re-ran the load, it worked and it hasn't failed since.

I am pretty sure this error has nothing to do with disk space but how DTS is handling its memory, maybe because of the contents of the file or how you are transforming the data. It might be something you have to work around.

Do you always get the error with this file?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply