DTC error on SQL 2008 cluster

• I am getting the following error in the SQL error logs:

QueryInterface failed for"DTC_GET_TRANSACTION_MANAGER_EX::ITransactionDispenser": 0x8004d01c(XACT_E_CONNECTION_DOWN).

QueryInterface failed for "ITransactionDispenser":0x8004d01c(XACT_E_CONNECTION_DOWN).

this is Windows 2008 cluster box running SQL 2008. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

• wannabe dba (2/5/2010)

I am getting the following error in the SQL error logs:

QueryInterface failed for"DTC_GET_TRANSACTION_MANAGER_EX::ITransactionDispenser": 0x8004d01c(XACT_E_CONNECTION_DOWN).

QueryInterface failed for "ITransactionDispenser":0x8004d01c(XACT_E_CONNECTION_DOWN).

this is Windows 2008 cluster box running SQL 2008. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx

DTCGetTransactionManager is the first DTC call made when using DTC and it establishes the initial connection to DTC.

Has this just started happening, i.e. you used to be able to use MSDTC, or have you always had problems?

If it has just started happening, is this happening immediately after failover, or during normal operations?

If it's happening immediately after failover, check that MSDTC is up and running before SQL Server, i.e. if you've failed over to Node 2, MSDTC should be in the Cluster Resource Group, along with the Quorum, and already online on Node 2, prior to the SQL Resource Group coming online on Node 2.

If it's happening during normal operations, or you've always had problems, have you checked the Network DTC Access? Security settings are different on Windows Server 2008 compared to Windows Server 2003, with a Vista/Windows 7 approach to the User Access Control issues.

Some useful information is available here and here, paying attention to the firewall rules as well as the network access settings.

• thx for the reply.this started happening after the fail-over.The DTC resource was online but was on the other node.I failed over the DTC resource to the active node and i stopped getting the error.

• DTC has to be on the active cluster if the other node goes down

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply