Doubt in SSIS

• Hi to all,

Basically i created a package to read from a source folder n xls, and import them to Sql Server... the rows that are ignored in the importation, i created a dynamic excel to send them... What i would love to know, is how can i configure for example the "source folder" without entering in the package, something like a webconfig 🙂 ... because in the project i configure that on my Fooreach Loop Container... but i would like to find a way to configure that without enter in the project and alter all that information every time i change the source folder...

Thanks

• Hi again,

Sorry to bother again, but does anyone can help me?

Thanks

• Do some research on SSIS package configurations. It's exactly what you need.

http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1405

• Thanks,

Is exactly what i was looking for.. thanks for u time, i will see the link u send..

• Hi again,

Is it possible to make my package configurations in xml?

Does anybody already made this?

Thanks

• Yes you can. It's the first option in the configuration type drop-down box when you create a new package configuration.

• Hi again,

Im becaming little crazy with this :)... for start, can i configure the parameters of Foreach Loop Container in the package Configuration?

Example in the tab collection. in the Enumerator Configuration Section, i have the folder: and the files:... can i do that in the Configuration Package?

Sorry to bother but i m little stuck in here...

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply