Documentation?

• Hi Friends,

may i know what is documentation? what are the uses of it?

pls give me sample of document for my clarifications?

friends i need know this, pls help me in this.

thanks in advance

Niha

• Click here

• I assume you are talking about a database design documentation, because people frequenting this site are not particularly interested in the niceties of use cases and of business requirements in general.

You might wish to check http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd409416.aspx.

As a token of personal advice, I would add that a good documentation does not say "what" (I can usually see that, in the design of tables, sprocs, views, etc.), - it says "why" this way, for example, performace considerations, space limitations, etc.

• Excuse me if this sounds like a product punt, but BI Documenter from Pragmatic is an excellent documenter tool..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Henrico Bekker (4/22/2012)

Excuse me if this sounds like a product punt, but BI Documenter from Pragmatic is an excellent documenter tool..

I think the question is a lot more basic than that.

• I dunno...maybe it was a philosophical question: What IS documentation? Where does it come from? How can we best experience documentation...that sort of stuff...

• Sounds like a school homework question to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply