Document map export to Excel problem

• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 10.50.1600.1 (X64)

When I export to Excel, the document map hyperlinks on the first sheet take you to the wrong sheets, and the sheets haven't retained the names from the document map.

Could someone point me in the direction of the fix, guessing there is one by now. Also, as it's unlikely to be applied soon in my organisation, is there a work around? Is it possible to export to Excel without the document map, for example?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• I know there hasn't been a reply to this for a long time, but I also wanted to disable the Document Map when exporting to Excel, and I discovered this solution.

In the DocumentMapLabel field for each object being mapped, use an expression that checks one of the "Built-in Fields" called RenderFormat.Name:

=IIf((Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCEL") or (Globals!RenderFormat.Name = "EXCELOPENXML"), Nothing, "your DocumentMapLabel text goes here")

The formula checks the render format - if it is one of the Excel options, then it sets the DocumentMapLabel to nothing (so a Document Map won't get generated), otherwise it sets the DocumentMapLabel to whatever text you specify, and a Document Map will be created.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply