Divide by Zero error in logs

• Has anyone seen this before?  We have lots of these errors in our log.  SQL Server 7.

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 15 generated fatal exception c000008e EXCEPTION_FLT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO. SQL Server is terminating this process.

Thanks,

Paula.

• verify a creation of files called *.mdmp in SQL Server logs directory, if created contact your Microsoft support, it is very difficult for who is not of the Microsoft to decide this error therefore is necessary the archives of simbolos that are of property of the Microsoft.

but you can install WinDBG and try do debug a problem.

good luck.

• Paula,

What is the process? Is something really could be divided by 0 ?

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• The error occurs during an optimization job which just rebuilds indexes.  It also happens when a report is run, when a view is opened, and in a couple of other circumstances.  I'm fairly sure it is not an individual piece of data that is at fault, although it's impossible to prove that because this is a bought in package.  In other words I can see the tables and the data in them but I cannot debug the app and see what data is being looked at when the error occurs.  And so with no further information than the above error, I just can't track it.  I think it may be a memory issue.  Does this sound likely?  Either that or a possible failure during an upgrade of the application.  Although we did not encounter any errors during upgrade it may be that the database and application are out of sync.  I'm really not sure!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply