Did anyone had the same problem?

• how do you like this one.......

ok, here is what the problem was

one of the database transaction log grew to 135 Gs, it was not truncating data from the truns log

and apparently after running numerous stored procedures i figured out that all those transactions marked as

not distributed, that is why it was not truncating data. So i have to use a special stored procedure to mark them as 'distributed',

only then i was able to truncate log.

i think that that database was a dump from the similar db, which is published for replication, so

when we restored it  we also restored all additional system tables which contain info about replication.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Interesting! Can you share the query that returned distributed/not distributed?

Mike

• Pls share the query that gives the output for marked trans log.

• I've encountered various problems with replicated database backups taken to other servers. There are some procs which can be called which make the database non replicated. I'd guess this is what happened.

It's always best to check. Can't remember the proc offhand, sp_removereplication or something.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• i'm sorry fellas, i was so excited that i was able to fix the problem that it never occurred to me to save it......

how did i get it in the first place? i was running different scripts to truncate trans log, so when i tried to execute one of them i got the error message, which was saying something about

' that it can't be truncated because it was marked for replication' and the same error message was suggesting to use 'that' stored proc i forgot about.........

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply