Development Strategy for drill-down / linked reports called multiple times

• Good Day Everyone,

What would be the best development strategy, in terms of maintainability and administration, to achieve the following scenario:

My SSRS portal will comprise of multiple folders / sub folders which I want to use to manage security and propose the right content to each user. Most Reports are dashboards or single charts for which I will most likely always add a maximum level of interactivity and, in most cases, the maximum depth of details a user can drill down from this report would always be the same ‘detailed’ report. How would you suggest I call this final ‘detailed’ reports (by URL?) and where should I store it to minimize the maintenance in case I would have to modify it later?

Thank you for your time and interest,

• This is a very open ended question and if you have the right tools available, maintenance and scalability can be overcome.

I have tried this tool : RSScripter by Jasper Smith with levels of success.

I tend to use BIDS to deploy my report objects and use TFS for maintenance.

gsc_dba

• gsc_dba (5/8/2012)

This is a very open ended question and if you have the right tools available, maintenance and scalability can be overcome.

I have tried this tool : RSScripter by Jasper Smith with levels of success.

I tend to use BIDS to deploy my report objects and use TFS for maintenance.

Thank you for your answer gsc_dba, I am sorry if my question seems too vague and broad. I will definitely consider your suggestions though.

Take care,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply