Determining the last time an index was reindexed

• Does anyone know how to query SQL Server 2000 to determine that last time that any given index was reindexed? I would like to know the date/time when the DBCC REINDEX command was last run. Thanks!

• I'm pretty sure that the time a index was reindex'd is NOT saved.

In fact, I don't even see a create time.

If I may, Why are you looking for this information? To me the age of an index is of no importance, the health of the index is the only factor that should be considered. I understand there are other reasons, I'm just curious.

dbcc showcontig (tablename) Will show you current info on the index, I don't see date/Time there anywhere.

• Our purpose for knowing when an index was reindexed was to ensure that our maintenance jobs are running properly and consistently. I know you can get the last time that statistics were updated, but it would be nice to know when an index was reindexed. DBCC REINDEX actually drops and recreates the index, so a Create Time would probably do the trick as well.

• I would suggest you to run DBCC showcontig with tableresults every wknd. For indexex, say with scan density over 75-90, you run Reindex. That way you always know when DBCC Reindex run.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply