Deployment of SSIS fails with AcquireConnection method failre

• G'day,

I created an ETL package within SSIS on a development server, tested it out initially using SQL Authentication, and the package ran successfully. However when I created a deployment package for it, and tried to install it on the same machine, it gave me an AcquireConnection method call to Connection Manager XXXXX failed with error code 0xC020801C.

So, I changed the authentication on the db connection manager to have Windows Authentication, and in the config file had the parameters ServerName, and Connection String configurable, and then tried to install it...and it installed fine, and ran without a problem.

But, when I tried to install this package on a production server with the same SQL 2005 installation as the development server, I still get the same error despite there being Windows Authentication.

Apart from the AcquireConnection method error, I get the following at the end:

"An OLE DB error has occurred. Error Code: 0x80004005. An OLE Db record is available. Source Microsoft SQL Native Client Hresult 0x8004005. Description. "Login timeout expired". Then in the next line it says:

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL server does not allow remote connections".

Now this I thought was strange that it gives a time out, since we can connect to Integration Services via Object Explorer in SQL Management Studio, and that it says remote connections are not allowed....but its on the same machine.

I checked the settings, and enabled the Local and Remote connections settings, allowed Named Pipes and TCP / IP, and still get the same errors.

Has anyone got a clue as to why I get these errors despite the fact that it is using Windows Authentication?

Thanks a lot

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I think I'm having similar problem. I have a package with SQL Authentication and it works fine.

When I try to include Server Name into config file to be able to change it when deploying to another server, it stops working.

Not sure what is going on...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply