Deploying SSIS package to server instance

• Being new to the SQL Server 2005 environment (used 2000 for years) I am confused. I have migrated DTS packages into SSIS from SQL Server 2000 successfully but I think I have missed something because I cannot figure out how to schedule jobs for any of my SSIS packages. I'm guessing I am missing a final deployment step in BIDS that will let my SQL Server 2005 instance recognize my SSIS packages. I can successfuly Execute the SSIS packages manually but need to set up jobs for them now.

Can someone steer me in the right direction here? I'm getting frustrated beyond belief!

Thanks! 😀

~mj

• The craziness of right-clicking on a package to schedule it is a thing of the past.

Go to your job agent in Management Studio and create a new job. Add a step to the job and choose the step type for executing SSIS packages. You will find a nice UI for selecting the package from the file system or the SSIS server and the options for setting up package configurations and setting connection strings.

Confusing at first - possibly. Much better than scheduling a DTS package - absolutely.

• Oh duh! I guess I just needed a lunch break to figure this out! My packages were in the file system, not on the server. I wasn't seeing that earlier.

Thanks for the response Michael! It prompted my brain to kick in again. 😉 :hehe: 🙂

Oh and yes, I can see that this interface will be much more useful than the old one once I get used to it! 😀

~mj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply