deployed report - ssrs 2008

• Hi,

1-

I have developed a SSRS report using visual studio 2008 in BI.

The report has a bar chart with several parameters. It works very well in the preview tab and I can pass in any parameters, etc. All ok.

2-

Then, I deploy the report to the http address on the same machine that I developed the report.

3-

I can see in the properties of the deployed report that the date reflects when I deploy the report.

4- Sometimes, the bar chart does not show any of the bars i.e. a blank chart.

5- I even check the sql profiler to see what sql gets executed. I find that the sql is correct which does return data...

Question:

6- How can I find out why the graph on the preview report works all the time whereas the graph on the deployed report sometimes is empty?

Thanks

• When you run the report and it is blank, if you export to excel or pdf does the report then appear in that format?

I'm on LinkedIn

• As the chart is shown as blank on the report, the excel file also shows a blank chart.

Any thoughts please?

• And the PDF export?

The only reason I ask is that if there is a problem with the Report Viewer settings then you would see the chart when you export it.

This doesn't seem to be the case here. Have you changed the visibility settings of the chart? Does a parameter or particular vgalue affect the visibility.

Is the report server that you are deploying to the same version as the db and BIDS? Are you deploying the Data Source/ Data Sets to the correct place? Deploying to the correct version?

It could be many things.

I'm on LinkedIn

• Hi,

Please note that as I mentioned before, the report sometimes shows the data in the chart but sometimes it does not.

• Which is what would happen if you had the visibility set via some kind of data input....

Did you check into any of the other things I suggested?

I'm on LinkedIn

• There is no visibility set any where in the report.

Versions are the same.

• Have you tried other reports? Do they behave in the same way?

If you could attach the .rdl (obviously edit it for business anonymity) then I'll take a look at that.

I'm on LinkedIn

• Other reports are fine because this one is complex with parameters, graphs and several datasets.

• Ok. The problem isn't with your Report Manager setup - that's what the first question was about. So it must be the report, unless I'm missing something big.

Post the .rdl so I can have a look.

Actually what is your environment? I assume this is work and not for fun 😀 I had a problem with Visual Studio recently because the default location of projects was a work directory rather than local. These small things can make a difference.

I'm on LinkedIn

• Re-created the report and it seems to be ok now.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply