deleting autocreated statistics?

• Ninja's_RGR'us (8/23/2011)

Grant Fritchey (8/23/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (8/23/2011)

Awesome info.

You guys should really get together and write books or talk @ PASS sometimes :hehe:.

Now what could you possibly talk about? :Whistling:

That's a great idea! Maybe next year, huh Gail?

Ya, it's better to have a real DBA on board... I've heard from good sources that Authors don't know squat :-P.

A real DBA? That's going to be tough finding one of those.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Especially at PASS :-D.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (8/23/2011)

Especially at PASS :-D.

Yeah, that's just authors and consultants everywhere (especially among the speakers). No one doing real work at all.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I have this image of Gail in my mind where she gives dead pan response and makes you wonder if she is Kidding or being serious. Grant I have already met. He always has a smile on his face. So looking forward in meeting you.

It would be complete if Jeff Moden can make it. Too bad that Paul cant make it. I was looking forward in meeting him.

-Roy

• GilaMonster (8/23/2011)

Especially at PASS :-D.

Yeah, that's just authors and consultants everywhere (especially among the speakers). No one doing real work at all.

There you go. Why do you think I didn't attend since 2k7? 😀

• Roy Ernest (8/23/2011)

I have this image of Gail in my mind where she gives dead pan response and makes you wonder if she is Kidding or being serious. Grant I have already met. He always has a smile on his face. So looking forward in meeting you.

It would be complete if Jeff Moden can make it. Too bad that Paul cant make it. I was looking forward in meeting him.

Only because you haven't done something stupid to one of my databases or my servers... yet.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• GilaMonster (8/23/2011)

Awesome info.

You guys should really get together and write books or talk @ PASS sometimes :hehe:.

Now what could you possibly talk about? :Whistling:

That's a great idea! Maybe next year, huh Gail?

Ya, it's better to have a real DBA on board... I've heard from good sources that Authors don't know squat :-P.

A real DBA? That's going to be tough finding one of those.

A developer and a marketer ... which one is the "real dba"

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Good point Grant, maybe you need a 3rd person to sit in 🙂

• Grant Fritchey (8/23/2011)

Roy Ernest (8/23/2011)

I have this image of Gail in my mind where she gives dead pan response and makes you wonder if she is Kidding or being serious. Grant I have already met. He always has a smile on his face. So looking forward in meeting you.

Only because you haven't done something stupid to one of my databases or my servers... yet.

If I was working with you, I think I would have been dead by now. Stupidity is my middle name... 😀

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (8/23/2011)

Roy Ernest (8/23/2011)

If I was working with you, I think I would have been dead by now. Stupidity is my middle name... 😀

Oh, no one has died.... again, yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply