Delete Sqlserver 2000

• I installed Sql Server 2000 incorrectly on my Dell PowerEdge 1400 Server. I am unable to remove it from the control panel add/remove because it is missing a file (uninstall.isu) so I am deleting the files manually. Is there any other files I should delete or just leave them along.  Thanks in advance.

• Refer to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290991&sd=tech for detailed information

• ok thanks. Another question - for a small home network (1- windows 2003 server, sql server 2000 installed on same server) for the licensing mode - is it better to use PER Processor than PER Seat?

Again, I thank you for your time.

• Uhh, that depends entirely on what you will be doing and what you are willing to spend.

I believe per processor for standard is $4995.00 per and enterprise edition is $19,995.00 per.

So, per seat is probably cheaper for an at home network.

Are you planning on just practicing SQL on your home server?  Maybe Developer edition or personal edition is a better fit.  Developer is $50.00

Ryan

• I am keeping up my sql server skills and learning 2003 server at home. I already have a copy of the Enterprise version of SQLSERVER 2000.

• OK, I thought I was going overboard with a 3 server system in a rack shoved into a closet.

You have the $20,000 version of SQL Server just lying around for home use?

I'd strongly recommend selling it, installing the Developer version, and using the money to take a couple of classes.

In Maui.

At a 5 star hotel

Brian Bunin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply