Delete a Package

• Simple question.

I was able to save a package to my SQL Server using the 'Save Copy of ....' command in the GUI.

How do I delete a package from my SQL Server?

• In EM, right-click the package and select Delete. If the option is not available, you do not have rights to delete the package.

• In SQL 2005?

• Well, ummm... it helps if I check which forum I am posting to.   Sorry, I didn't realize this was for SQL 2005. Not sure how you would do in the new version.

I find it interesting that there is no documentation about this on Microsoft's site.

• I couldn't find anything in the documentation, except for the DTUTIL command line utility, but I can't get that to work!

• In Management Studio, right click and select delete or just select it and hit delete.

K

• Where? I don't see that option, except for legacy DTS packages, but this isn't a legacy package.

• Open a connection to the Integration Services server in the object explorer.

K

• Amazing....thanks

• I'm stumped here.  I'm not actually trying to delete a package, just connect to integration services from the BI studio.  I have four installations of BI studio on different computers, one my workstation and three on other computers.  For some reason on my workstation I can see the "connect to server" and "connect to database" options, but on all three other computers I only have the "connect to database" option.  Strangely, the "connect to server" option isn't even grayed out, it's entirely missing/hidden.  Any idea how to get it back?

Shane

• BI studio shouldn't have these options, it's Management Studio, yes?

Is Integrations Services installed on all machines?

I've never seen a connect to server option in Management Studio.

In BIDS, the connect to server option is for the WMI connectivity which is only available if you have Visual Studio installed on the machine as well.

To see the packages and connect to the IS server, you need to be in Management Studio on the Object Explorer window.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply