Default SQL Server Agent Jobs??

• Hello,

Does anyone know if there are default jobs with SQL Server Agent (2000)?  We recently had a server setup by an outside source.  When I went in to create my database maintenance jobs there were three jobs already listed:

Start_full databasename [9.5]

Start_full databasename [9.6]

Start_incremental databasename

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jess

• I have never encountered default jobs in the 15 SQL servers I tend to.... don't believe there is such a thing.

Perhaps they configured those backups for you, especially if it's a system setup for you by an application vendor.

• I agree with ezann, I've never seen default jobs on a SQL install either (at least not on 7.0 or 2000). I do have 3rd party software that, upon installation, generated several SQL Agent jobs for maintaining it's database. Call the vendor to verify those are indeed their jobs AND that the jobs are doing all the maintenance that you would normally do to any other database or SQL install.

Terry

• By default, the SQL Agent service is not even configured to autostart, let alone have existing JOBs. IFirst I'd check the execution history then I'd script them out and take a look to see just what they are doing.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply