Deadlock...

• Can anyone one suggest what could be the reason if a job is blocked by its own SPID(means in case of parent and child thread )

Ex.

hostname Spid kid blocked

xxxxx 62 62

• Please post in the appropriate forum in the future and not just anywhere you feel like.

That's no a deadlock. A deadlock is when two or more processes have two or more resources locked in such a way that neither can continue.

What you've got there is a parallelism wait. The query has paralleled over two or more processors and the one thread finished before the other and hence has to wait. Don't worry about these kind of blocks. They will go away by themselves, there's nothing you need to do.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (1/19/2009)

Please post in the appropriate forum in the future and not just anywhere you feel like.

Gail,

I know you help many people on these boards, but this kind of outburst really wasn't called for. Yes the original poster mis-titled their posting, but it makes perfect sense for this question to be in Administering. If you don't believe so, then please politely suggest what forum they should be in. All too often the elite people on this site tend to treat others poorly, and this has been a major factor in my shrinking involvement with this site. We're all just trying to do our jobs, is there any reason to be so antagonistic towards people?

• Chris Harshman (1/20/2009)

I know you help many people on these boards, but this kind of outburst really wasn't called for. Yes the original poster mis-titled their posting, but it makes perfect sense for this question to be in Administering.

It wasn't originally in Administering. Steve moved it there (I sent him a post report requesting the thread be moved). It was originally, along with a second question, posted in one of the "Discuss content by" forums

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply