DBCC CHECKTABLE consistency errors

• Hello!

I am running SQL Server 2005 (SP2). Recently, DBCC CHECK TABLE reported an error on one of the tables:

Table error: Object ID 69575286, index ID 1, partition ID 72057594191216640, alloc unit ID 72057594202161152 (type In-row data). Keys out of order on page (1:261791), slots 8 and 9.

Msg 8986, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Too many errors found (201) for object ID 69575286. To see all error messages rerun the statement using "WITH ALL_ERRORMSGS".

There are 142506 rows in 6583 pages for object "AllLinks".

CHECKTABLE found 0 allocation errors and 1141 consistency errors in table 'AllLinks' (object ID 69575286).

repair_rebuild is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKTABLE (STS_Content_TFS.dbo.AllLinks).

DBCC execution completed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your system administrator.

The interesting thing is that I can query entire table without problems. I managed to pull all data into new table and recreate all indexes. My undertanding is that Index ID 1 is a clustered index. It looks to me this error is not very critical although repair_rebuild is advised.

Any thoughts on this matter is greately appreciated.

Igor

• Hey Igor,

There were a couple of bugs in this space in 2000 but nothing in 2005 SP2 that I know of. Can you post the entire output of CHECKDB with ALL_ERRORMSGS, NO_INFOMSGS? It would be useful to see what column type and values it's complaining about - could point to a bug or an IO subsystem problem.

Thanks

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

• Hello Paul!

First of all, let me thank you for maintaining your blog! I read it every day. Great information!

I did manage to fix an error by rebuilding clustered index. That's why I am unable to post entire output.

Thanks again,

Igor

• By the way, this was AllLinks table in STS_Content_TFS database. As you could guess, this is one of the TFS databases 🙂

• You're welcome. What a shame - I'd have liked to see the corrupt data (I'm strange that way :))

Paul Randal
    CEO, SQLskills.com: Check out SQLskills online training!
    Blog:www.SQLskills.com/blogs/paul Twitter: @PaulRandal
    SQL MVP, Microsoft RD, Contributing Editor of TechNet Magazine
    Author of DBCC CHECKDB/repair (and other Storage Engine) code of SQL Server 2005

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply