DB MIRROR Error

• Dhirju (1/11/2012)

tomorrow i'll do it and get back to u for the same.

Ensure all nodes are well connected and confirm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• i had tested. i created two system DSN pointing to the mirror and witness server it is working fine.

and i have also checked in primary server to connect mirror and witness server, it is also connected with the sql server authentication.

but giving timeout error with domain user authentication.

• please help me for this problem

i stuck with it.

• Do you have any databases mirrored on this instance already or is this the first one you are attempting?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

• Not sure if this helps.

1. Check what window account is used to start your SQL Server service in all involved SQL Servers. You should use some domain account but not local system/network account.

2. Check if this domain account is also added to the SQL Server login (security login) or into the coresponding system account group.

3. If it still does not work. You might need to GRANT CONNECT ON ENDPOINT :: <endpoint_name> TO < server_principal >

Eugene

• 1st time doing this activity on this server.

• there are two servers. and both server using same user to start.

and both server's engine and agent service are running on this account.

• Understood both servers were started with same account. But are they domain users or local users account? Do they have permission to EndPoint?

• how to give permission to endpoint....

• -- grant permission to the Mirroring service account

GRANT CONNECT ON ENDPOINT::Mirroring TO [DOMAIN\AccountName]

GO

-- replace ::Mirroring with ::YourEndpointName

• Good day,

Please check that you do not have orphan users. Meaning delete all mirroring users. eg PrincipalUser from the master database and reinstate. Run a check on the all boxes that your principal, mirror and witness have the same certificate id. select * from sys.certificates

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply