DB Mail Question

• Hi,

I am facing viered problem as previously i have set up DB mail configuration with Accoune and Profile nad i was using same profile name in my query and it was emailing me my query output results in text format.

I have also taken test to send query output to end user and it was working fine but suddenly i am not getting email while running query, it just shows in message pane:

"Command(s) completed successfully."

I tried on my all the servers including my local m/c DB and also i tried to refresh/Retry SQL server Agent and recreated profile account and tried to use that one but same message but no email in my inbox.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

• Have you checked the Database Mail log? You can look at it in SSMS by right-clicking on Database Mail and selecting "View Database Mail Log" or you can directly query msdb.dbo.sysmail_log.

Have you verified Service Broker is still enabled on msdb?

SELECT

is_broker_enabled

FROM

sys.databases AS D

WHERE

[name] = 'msdb'

• Thanks for looking into.

Sorry for rate reply as i lost this thread.

I think its on.

I ran you query and found following.

is_broker_enabled = 1

• Hi,

I sldo checked Log File Viewer for Database Mail log and it says:

The mail couldn't be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (sending Mail using Account 5 (2009-03-03T15:33:12). Exception message: Could not connect to mail server. (No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused.) )

Thanks,

• Do you have Anti-virus installed on the SQL Server you are trying to send mail from? I know that McAfee blocks email from DBMail with it's Access Protection Anti-spam rule. You need to add DatabaseMail90.exe to the exception list for the "Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail" rule in the Access Protection service. I know that I have seen this error when AV blocks the mail.

• Thanks, We haven't install any anti virus as its a test server and i have tried to test on both test server but both having same issue.

Could you please let me know what should be the further steps?

Thanks much!

• Thanks, yo uare right.

It was issue with antivirus policy recently changed.

So after changing the antivirus policy to allow emails, it works.

Thanks, appreciate your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply