Database Mirroring Transport is disabled when setting up Database Mirroring

• anvieph (11/11/2008)

Hi I tried this:

-dC:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\master.mdf;-eC:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG;-lC:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\mastlog.ldf;-T1400

Upgrade your SQL 2005 instance to Service pack 1 at least (preferably SP2 with CU 6 or higher) and don't worry about the traceflag. That was only needed if you wanted to run mirroring before SP1 was released.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Thanks for reply.

Right now I have SQL 2005 with SP2. but still recieved the same error.

please help!

Thanks!

• This is my SQL server version and I still recieved the same error:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (X64) Oct 14 2005 00:35:21 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Please help!

• That's not SP2. 9.00.1399 is SQL 2005 RTM. The build number for SP2 is 3042.

Get SP2 and patch that server.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Thanks! I ma installing SP 2 in my production server. should I install it too to my mirror server? 🙂

• Hi,

Please help. I just installed SP2 both on my servers (Principle and mirror server).

When I am trying to start the mirroring I recieved this error:

Server Network address TCP://ServerName.domain segment:Port can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operationale.

Can anyone please explain this to me?

I ma sure I gave correct servername and domain account. is there select statement that I can find this information? thanks!

Anvie

• Have you created the endpoints? Can you connect from the principal to the mirror (try ping) and vis versa?

Gail Shaw

• hmmm I have this for both servers (principal and mirror)

SELECT name, role_desc, state_desc FROM sys.database_mirroring_endpoints

Result: MirroringPARTNERSTARTED

SELECT name, port FROM sys.tcp_endpoints

Result:

Dedicated Admin Connection0

TSQL Default TCP0

Mirroring5022

I can ping each other using their IP address.

• I can ping Servername.Domain but if I add the port Servername.Domain:Port it could not find my server. any idea why please. I use port 5022.

Thanks!

• Is there a firewall between the two servers? Ask your network admin if you're not sure.

Gail Shaw

• yes we do have fire wall. hmmm actually it is server between 2 fire wall but it is strange because I cannot even ping the server I am working on if I put the port number.

cmd.exe: Ping servername.Domain.port

• Is there a way to set up the DNS for the port of the SQL? I am using 5022 port right now.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appriciate it 😉

• I think you need to read up on TCP/IP, DNS and the ping command. As a quick summary to point you in the right direction:

ping uses ICMP to send packets; you cannot use ping to test if a specific port is open; ping is a good, general test of connectivity between 2 servers; ping can also check if DNS is resolving.

DNS resolves a domain name (or server name) to an IP address; not to a Port Number.

if you want to test if a specific port is available, use telnet

eg. telnet myServer 5022

will test port 5022 on server myServer is available.

Andy

• Hi

to enable the database transporter what have to do in the startupparameters plz help me send to my mail id tallapaneni_rao@yahoo.co.in

• i added ;-T1400 but still i am getting same error

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply