Database mark suspect

• How can one correct a database that is mark suspect due to header proble. There is no backup of this database.

The header for file 'D:\DataFiles\MicrosoftIdentityIntegrationServer.mdf' is not a valid database file header. The PageAudit property is incorrect.

• Try this:  it has worked for us

You go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools and then Services.  Stop these services, in this order,

SQL Server Agent

MSSQL Server

Then start the services, in this order

MSSQL Server

SQL Server Agent

If you refresh the databases in EM , the databases should no longer be suspect

Madame Artois

• Check to see if that file exists in that location. That's the number one thing to do.

I have been able to resolve suspect databases by detaching and re-attaching them. Sometimes the problem is just in the way SQL Server recovered the databases after a shutdown/restart.

-SQLBill

• I have presumed that he/she has checked that the database is there.  We have tried attaching and detaching ourselves, in the past, with no success.  We found that unexpected disasters on the network comms caused some databases to go 'suspect'.  That is why I suggest stopping and starting the agents. It always seems to work.

Madame Artois

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply