Database Mail

• Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum number of connections that Database mail can have to an exchange server? We are finding that we are using up all available connections on our Exchange Server and then getting errors messages as shown below

Date 19/10/2009 10:20:07

Log Database Mail (Database Mail Log)

Log ID 26369

Process ID 848

Mail Item ID 617589

Account ID 25

Last Modified 19/10/2009 10:20:07

Last Modified By NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.)

Any help would be appreciated.

• Are some emails being sent successfully? How do you know it is the number of connections to your Exchange server that is causing the problem? What else is happening at the times you are getting this message?

• Jack Corbett (10/19/2009)

Are some emails being sent successfully? How do you know it is the number of connections to your Exchange server that is causing the problem? What else is happening at the times you are getting this message?

Hi Jack,

Yes some emails do get sent successfully. Our infrastructure team monitoring our exchange server have said they can see the number of connections being used up. Nothing else happens at the time we get this error message.

• I've never had the issue although one person I mentioned it to said that they have had it happen once and their Exchange Admin cleared the queue and that cleared the problem. Wish I had more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply